When would you like to visit...
When the Edmonton Settlement was first surveyed in 1882, the area now called the Windsor Park neighbourhood was known as River Lot 3 and owned and farmed by Allan Omand. In 1911, the site immediately to the east (River Lot 5) became the campus of the University of Alberta. The Windsor Park neighbourhood was also subdivided in 1911, and the new neighbourhood became part of Edmonton in 1912 when Edmonton and the City of Strathcona amalgamated. In spite of this early start, most of the area remained undeveloped until the 1940s and 1950s when it was partially resubdivided and developed. In 1955, construction of the Groat Road Bridge improved access to central Edmonton.
Windsor Park is bounded by the University of Alberta’s campus to the east, and by the North Saskatchewan River Valley to the west and north. As a result, there is good access to the North Saskatchewan River Valley from Saskatchewan Drive and to the University of Alberta facilities. The neighbourhood consists almost entirely of single-detached housing. A small number of businesses are located along 87th Avenue.
Windsor Park was named by an English syndicate in 1910 when it was purchased for residential development. The neighbourhood may have been named after Windsor, England, or after the Windsor Castle specifically.
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty